Current Projects and on-going costs
Luweero, Uganda Location
1. Chapel/Training Center – Construction will take place in 2017. The center will be a multi-purpose building. It will be used as a training center, meeting facility and a place to tutor students.
Cost: $9,000 - Amount yet to be raised: $2,000
2. Production well – The well was drilled in 2016. Safe water is available to everyone on the farm and widows within the community. The production well will provide water to the irrigation system. In addition, the land must be leveled to accommodate the drip irrigation lines.
Cost: $18,000 – covered by a donor
3. Purchase of 5.5 acres - This summer we will purchase additional land for farming and animal care. The cost of the land purchase and filing fee is approximately $5,500. The final cost will be determined at the closing/title transfer.
Cost: $5,500 – Amount yet to be raised: $5,500
4. Support for 7 employees, fuel, medicine, farm supplies, school fees and misc. expenses.
Cost: $2,274./month - Amount yet to be raised: $2,274
Bogoro, DR Congo Location
1. Clinic – To be built in 2017-18, still receiving bids for construction and equipment
Cost: still to be determined
2. Add 100 more orphans, enrollment in school, bedding, mosquito nets, and other household supplies: Mattress @ $25each, Nets @ $5 ea., sheets @ $10 ea., Blankets @ $10 ea., Shoes @ $15 ea.
Cost: $6,500- Amount yet to be raised:$6,500
School fees for 100 students: $562/month - Amount to be raised: $562/month
3. Support for 3 employees, fuel, school fees, medical and veterinary expenses
Cost: $1,698/month, amount yet to be raised - $1,698
4. Safe water/well drilling, still in the research and development stage.
Cost: yet to be determined
5. Purchase of 3 head of cattle @ $300 ea.
Cost: $900 - Amount to be raised: $900